Turkey’s industrial output falls to 9-month low in April
On a yearly basis, however, calendar adjusted industrial production climbed 0.7% in April. The manufacturing index increased by 0.6% while the mining and quarrying index was down 4.5%. The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index moved higher 3.5% on the year in April.
Among the main industrial groupings, the steepest monthly decline was reported for manufacturing of computer, electronic and optical products, which fell by 29.6%, while the manufacturing of transport equipment posted the largest increase on a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis among manufacturing sub-sectors at 11.8% in April.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds
- Oil producers boast record Q3 earnings but chemical margins under pressure
- Aggressive imports, long supplies weigh on Europe’s ABS markets