Turkey’s industrial output falls to 9-month low in April
On a yearly basis, however, calendar adjusted industrial production climbed 0.7% in April. The manufacturing index increased by 0.6% while the mining and quarrying index was down 4.5%. The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index moved higher 3.5% on the year in April.
Among the main industrial groupings, the steepest monthly decline was reported for manufacturing of computer, electronic and optical products, which fell by 29.6%, while the manufacturing of transport equipment posted the largest increase on a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis among manufacturing sub-sectors at 11.8% in April.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East