Turkey’s industrial output increases 9.4% in August
On a yearly basis, however, calendar adjusted industrial production increased by 2.2% in August. The manufacturing index edged up by 1.5% and the mining and quarrying index was up 4.3%. The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index rose 5.3% on a yearly basis in August.
Among the main industrial groupings, the highest monthly increase was reported for durable consumer goods, which increased by 32.6% from a month earlier, while the manufacturing of coke and refined petroleum products posted the largest decrease on a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis among manufacturing sub-sectors at 6.4% in August.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs