Turkey’s industrial output increases 9.4% in August
On a yearly basis, however, calendar adjusted industrial production increased by 2.2% in August. The manufacturing index edged up by 1.5% and the mining and quarrying index was up 4.3%. The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index rose 5.3% on a yearly basis in August.
Among the main industrial groupings, the highest monthly increase was reported for durable consumer goods, which increased by 32.6% from a month earlier, while the manufacturing of coke and refined petroleum products posted the largest decrease on a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis among manufacturing sub-sectors at 6.4% in August.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets
- European PVC producers ungenerous in Turkey: Prices up 21% in a month