Turkey’s industrial output increases 9.4% in August
On a yearly basis, however, calendar adjusted industrial production increased by 2.2% in August. The manufacturing index edged up by 1.5% and the mining and quarrying index was up 4.3%. The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index rose 5.3% on a yearly basis in August.
Among the main industrial groupings, the highest monthly increase was reported for durable consumer goods, which increased by 32.6% from a month earlier, while the manufacturing of coke and refined petroleum products posted the largest decrease on a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis among manufacturing sub-sectors at 6.4% in August.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?