Turkey’s industrial output increases in March
On a yearly basis, the calendar adjusted industrial production was also up by 2.8% in March. The manufacturing index increased by 2.5%, the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index rose by 7.7% while the mining and quarrying index was down by 3.8% in March from a year earlier.
Among the main industrial groupings (MIGs), durable consumer goods posted the largest increase by 6.4% in March month on month.
In the sub sectors, the highest monthly increase was reported in the manufacture of leather and related products by 23.5%, of electrical equipment by 9.1% and of coke and refined petroleum products by 5%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market