Turkey’s industrial output increases in Oct
In the sub sectors, the manufacturing index increased 2.0% year on year while the mining and quarrying index expanded by 6.6 %. The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index also increased 2.9% in October compared with the same period of 2013. On a monthly basis, the manufacturing index declined 1.7% while the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index was down 2.2% in October. The mining and quarrying index also retreated by 2.9% when compared to September’s figures.
Meanwhile, among the main industrial groupings, the largest monthly decrease in calendar and seasonally adjusted terms was reported for durable goods, which declined by 5.5% in October. In the sub-sectors of the manufacturing sector, the highest monthly decrease was seen in the manufacturing of transport equipment, which weakened by 19.2% while the manufacture of tobacco products posted the highest monthly increase, rising by 10.7% in October.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm