Turkey’s industrial output, retail sales extend slide in Feb
When the subsectors of the industry were examined, mining and quarrying index was down by 4.7% and manufacturing index decreased by 5.5%. The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index edged up by 0.4% year-on-year in February.
However, industrial production was slightly up by 1.3% compared with the previous month.
Turkey’s calendar-adjusted retail sales volume for food, drinks, and tobacco decreased by 1%, while non-food (except automotive fuel) and automotive fuel sales decreased by 1.7% and 8.2%, respectively.
Compared with the previous month, retail sales volume showed a slight increase of 0.8% in February.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes
- Turkish plastic recycling market in deadlock–solution awaited on import waste ban
- Asia PVC markets decline to 3-month low as downturn fueled by June announcements
- Limited demand leads to further PP, PE declines in China; LDPE hits 6-month low
- African PP, PE markets soften into June