Turkey’s industrial output rises in October m-o-m
On a yearly basis, calendar adjusted industrial production was up by 2.0% in October. The manufacturing index increased by 1.7% and the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index rose by 5.7% on a yearly basis. However, the mining and quarrying index was down by 0.4% in October from a year earlier.
Among the main industrial groupings (MIGs), non-durable consumer goods posted the highest increase by 6.6% in October month on month.
In the sub sectors, the highest monthly rise was reported for manufacture of basic pharmaceutical products, which increased by 20.6% from a month earlier while the highest drop was reported in repair and installation of machinery and equipment by 4.3% on the month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil
- US PE exports hit record high for 2020 despite production and logistics hurdles
- African PP, PE markets firmer on continued tightness in supplies
- Lack of sales pressure supports SEA PE markets
- Will soaring prices attract PP, PE imports to Europe?