Turkey’s industrial output rises in October m-o-m
On a yearly basis, calendar adjusted industrial production was up by 2.0% in October. The manufacturing index increased by 1.7% and the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index rose by 5.7% on a yearly basis. However, the mining and quarrying index was down by 0.4% in October from a year earlier.
Among the main industrial groupings (MIGs), non-durable consumer goods posted the highest increase by 6.6% in October month on month.
In the sub sectors, the highest monthly rise was reported for manufacture of basic pharmaceutical products, which increased by 20.6% from a month earlier while the highest drop was reported in repair and installation of machinery and equipment by 4.3% on the month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September