Turkey’s industrial output rises in October m-o-m
On a yearly basis, calendar adjusted industrial production was up by 2.0% in October. The manufacturing index increased by 1.7% and the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index rose by 5.7% on a yearly basis. However, the mining and quarrying index was down by 0.4% in October from a year earlier.
Among the main industrial groupings (MIGs), non-durable consumer goods posted the highest increase by 6.6% in October month on month.
In the sub sectors, the highest monthly rise was reported for manufacture of basic pharmaceutical products, which increased by 20.6% from a month earlier while the highest drop was reported in repair and installation of machinery and equipment by 4.3% on the month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops