Turkey’s industrial output rises in October m-o-m
On a yearly basis, calendar adjusted industrial production was up by 2.0% in October. The manufacturing index increased by 1.7% and the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index rose by 5.7% on a yearly basis. However, the mining and quarrying index was down by 0.4% in October from a year earlier.
Among the main industrial groupings (MIGs), non-durable consumer goods posted the highest increase by 6.6% in October month on month.
In the sub sectors, the highest monthly rise was reported for manufacture of basic pharmaceutical products, which increased by 20.6% from a month earlier while the highest drop was reported in repair and installation of machinery and equipment by 4.3% on the month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines