Turkey’s industrial production beats expectations in Jan
In the sub sectors, the manufacturing index increased 1.5% while the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index declined 1.1% in January when compared to the previous month. The mining and quarrying index was also down 2.2% from a month earlier. On a yearly basis, the manufacturing index rose 5.8% while the mining and quarrying index climbed 4.1% compared with the same month of 2015. The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index, meanwhile, rose 5.2% year over year in January.
On a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis, the highest monthly gain among the main industrial groupings was reported in non-durable consumer goods, which climbed 4.3% in January compared with the previous month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months