Turkey’s industrial production beats expectations in Jan
In the sub sectors, the manufacturing index increased 1.5% while the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index declined 1.1% in January when compared to the previous month. The mining and quarrying index was also down 2.2% from a month earlier. On a yearly basis, the manufacturing index rose 5.8% while the mining and quarrying index climbed 4.1% compared with the same month of 2015. The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index, meanwhile, rose 5.2% year over year in January.
On a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis, the highest monthly gain among the main industrial groupings was reported in non-durable consumer goods, which climbed 4.3% in January compared with the previous month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem