Turkey’s industrial production beats expectations in Jan
In the sub sectors, the manufacturing index increased 1.5% while the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index declined 1.1% in January when compared to the previous month. The mining and quarrying index was also down 2.2% from a month earlier. On a yearly basis, the manufacturing index rose 5.8% while the mining and quarrying index climbed 4.1% compared with the same month of 2015. The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index, meanwhile, rose 5.2% year over year in January.
On a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis, the highest monthly gain among the main industrial groupings was reported in non-durable consumer goods, which climbed 4.3% in January compared with the previous month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds