Turkey’s industrial production climbs 0.8% in December
In the sub sectors, the manufacturing index increased 0.5% while the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index climbed 2.4% in December when compared to the previous month. The mining and quarrying index was also up 3.1% from a month earlier. On a yearly basis, the manufacturing index rose 4.4% while the mining and quarrying index fell 2.1% compared with the same month of 2014. The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index, meanwhile, rose 7.7% year over year in December.
On a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis, the highest monthly gain among the main industrial groupings was reported in durable consumer goods, which climbed 4.8% in December compared with the previous month.
In the fourth quarter, seasonally and calendar adjusted industrial production rose by 0.9% compared with the previous quarter.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?