Turkey’s industrial production declines 0.9% in November
In the sub sectors, the manufacturing index decreased 0.7% while the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index declined 0.7% in November when compared to the previous month. The mining and quarrying index was also down 3.8% from a month earlier. On a yearly basis, the manufacturing index rose 4.3% while the mining and quarrying index declined 6.6% compared with the same month of 2014. The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index posted a gain of 2.4% on the year in November.
On a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis, the highest monthly decrease among the main industrial groupings was reported in durable consumer goods, which plunged 6.5% in November compared with the previous month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets