Turkey’s industrial production declines 1.5% in July
In the sub sectors, the manufacturing index rose by 0.2% while the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index increased 2.4% in July when compared to the same month of 2014. The mining and quarrying index, however, declined by 3% in July. On a monthly basis, meanwhile, the manufacturing index declined by 2.4% while the mining and quarrying index increased 1.2% compared with June. However, the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index posted an increase of 3.1% in July.
On a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis, among the main industrial groupings, the largest monthly decrease was reported in durable consumer goods, which slid 11.3% in July compared with the previous month while the highest increase was seen in the manufacture of wood and products of wood and cork, which rose 4.5% on the month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops