Turkey’s industrial production declines 1.5% in July
In the sub sectors, the manufacturing index rose by 0.2% while the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index increased 2.4% in July when compared to the same month of 2014. The mining and quarrying index, however, declined by 3% in July. On a monthly basis, meanwhile, the manufacturing index declined by 2.4% while the mining and quarrying index increased 1.2% compared with June. However, the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index posted an increase of 3.1% in July.
On a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis, among the main industrial groupings, the largest monthly decrease was reported in durable consumer goods, which slid 11.3% in July compared with the previous month while the highest increase was seen in the manufacture of wood and products of wood and cork, which rose 4.5% on the month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia