Turkey’s industrial production declines in January
In the sub sectors, the manufacturing index declined 2.4% year on year while the mining and quarrying index dropped 11.5%. However, the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index increased 2.9% in January compared with the same period of 2014. On a monthly basis, manufacturing slipped 1.4% while the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index grew by 1.1% in January. In addition, the mining and quarrying index declined 7.4% compared with the previous month.
Among the main industrial groupings, the largest monthly decrease was reported in durable consumer goods, which declined by 5% in January. In the sub-sectors of the manufacturing sector, the largest monthly decrease was seen in the manufacturing of computers, electronic and optical products, which declined by 11.6%, followed by the electrical equipment sector, which posted a decrease of 9% in January.
On a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis, meanwhile, the highest increase in manufacturing was seen in the manufacturing of other transport equipment, which surged 78.7% on the month in January. This was followed by coke and refined petroleum products, which rose by 17.2% in January.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF