Turkey’s industrial production edges up 0.1% in October
In the sub sectors, the manufacturing index increased 0.3% while the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index declined 2.8% in October when compared to the previous month. The mining and quarrying index was also up 4.1% from a month earlier. On a yearly basis, the manufacturing index rose 5% while the mining and quarrying index declined 0.5% compared with the same month of 2014. The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index posted a gain of 4.1% on the year in October.
On a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis, the highest monthly increase among the main industrial groupings was reported in durable consumer goods, which climbed 4.2% in October compared with the previous month. Meanwhile, the largest decrease was seen in the manufacture of machinery and equipment not elsewhere classified (n.e.c.), which declined 5.4% on the month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect
- East African PP, PE markets on rise for July but deals still scarce