Turkey’s industrial production edges up 0.1% in October
In the sub sectors, the manufacturing index increased 0.3% while the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index declined 2.8% in October when compared to the previous month. The mining and quarrying index was also up 4.1% from a month earlier. On a yearly basis, the manufacturing index rose 5% while the mining and quarrying index declined 0.5% compared with the same month of 2014. The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index posted a gain of 4.1% on the year in October.
On a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis, the highest monthly increase among the main industrial groupings was reported in durable consumer goods, which climbed 4.2% in October compared with the previous month. Meanwhile, the largest decrease was seen in the manufacture of machinery and equipment not elsewhere classified (n.e.c.), which declined 5.4% on the month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge
- Aggressive PP offers from China continue to find way to Turkey, Vietnam
- Stats: China’s total PE imports in Jan-Feb hit fresh record high
- PVC buyers’ resistance to sharp April hikes grows in SE Asia
- European PS sentiment cools off on styrene correction; ABS remains unfazed