Turkey’s industrial production edges up 0.1% in October
In the sub sectors, the manufacturing index increased 0.3% while the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index declined 2.8% in October when compared to the previous month. The mining and quarrying index was also up 4.1% from a month earlier. On a yearly basis, the manufacturing index rose 5% while the mining and quarrying index declined 0.5% compared with the same month of 2014. The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index posted a gain of 4.1% on the year in October.
On a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis, the highest monthly increase among the main industrial groupings was reported in durable consumer goods, which climbed 4.2% in October compared with the previous month. Meanwhile, the largest decrease was seen in the manufacture of machinery and equipment not elsewhere classified (n.e.c.), which declined 5.4% on the month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount