Turkey’s industrial production increases in April
In the sub sectors, the manufacturing index rose by 4.6% while the mining and quarrying index declined by 5% in April. The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index rose by 2.1% in April when compared to the same month of 2014. On a monthly basis, the manufacturing index remained unchanged while the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index posted a seasonally and calendar adjusted increase of 2.1% in April. The mining and quarrying index, meanwhile, decreased 4.5% compared with March.
Among the main industrial groupings, the largest monthly increase was reported in durable consumer goods, which increased by 1.9% on a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis in April.
On a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis, meanwhile, the highest increase in manufacturing was seen in computer, electronic and optical products, which surged 18.3% on the month while the largest decrease was reported in the manufacturing of repair and installation of machinery and equipment, which slumped 20.8% on the month in April.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note
- China ABS prices move below SEA after 8 months