Turkey’s industrial production increases in April
In the sub sectors, the manufacturing index rose by 4.6% while the mining and quarrying index declined by 5% in April. The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index rose by 2.1% in April when compared to the same month of 2014. On a monthly basis, the manufacturing index remained unchanged while the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index posted a seasonally and calendar adjusted increase of 2.1% in April. The mining and quarrying index, meanwhile, decreased 4.5% compared with March.
Among the main industrial groupings, the largest monthly increase was reported in durable consumer goods, which increased by 1.9% on a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis in April.
On a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis, meanwhile, the highest increase in manufacturing was seen in computer, electronic and optical products, which surged 18.3% on the month while the largest decrease was reported in the manufacturing of repair and installation of machinery and equipment, which slumped 20.8% on the month in April.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem