Turkey’s industrial production moves higher in March
In the sub sectors, the manufacturing index increased 5% year on year while the mining and quarrying index rose by 3.8%. The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index increased 3% in March when compared to the same month of 2014. On a monthly basis, the manufacturing index rose 2.5% while the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index posted a slight increase of 0.1% in March. In addition, the mining and quarrying index also climbed 3.1% compared with February.
Among the main industrial groupings, the largest monthly increase was reported in non-durable consumer goods, which increased by 3.6% on a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis in February.
On a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis, meanwhile, the highest increase in manufacturing was seen in repair and installation of machinery and equipment, which surged 14.1% on the month while the largest decrease was reported in the manufacturing of other transport equipment, which declined 10.1% in March.
Meanwhile, the data also showed that Turkey’s seasonally and calendar adjusted industrial production rose 1.3% in the first quarter of this year compared with the same period of last year while on a quarterly basis, industrial output was up 1.2% in the first three months.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey's polymer markets deadlocked as lira’s freefall shatters all records
- Homo-PP downturn in full swing in China
- Bearish pressure mounts on SE Asian PE markets
- Oil faces demand pressure from renewed Covid-19 fears
- Europe PET market hovers around a decade-high, Asia stumbles
- Turkey's import PE market set to reverse course in December
- Sentiment in China PP, PE markets turns bearish again
- Taiwanese major’s Dec PVC price cuts deeper than expected
- Egypt’s PP, PE prices see corrections as buyers resist firm offers
- Nov hikes send Europe’s PE markets to multi-month highs