Turkey’s industrial production posts new hikes on a yearly basis
In the sub sectors, the manufacturing index rose by 3% while the mining and quarrying index declined by 9.9% in May. The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index rose by 3.8% in May when compared to the same month of 2014.
On a monthly basis, however, industrial production dropped 2% on a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis. The manufacturing index declined by 4.2% on a monthly basis while the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index posted a seasonally and calendar adjusted increase of 1.1% in May. The mining and quarrying index, meanwhile, decreased 4.2% compared with April.
On a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis, among the main industrial groupings, the largest monthly decrease was reported in capital goods, which fell by 7.8% in May compared with the previous month.
On a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis, meanwhile, the highest decrease in manufacturing was seen in computer, electronic and optical products, which dropped 34.8% on the month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET prices weaken further in Asia and Mediterranean
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low