Turkey’s industrial production posts new hikes on a yearly basis
In the sub sectors, the manufacturing index rose by 3% while the mining and quarrying index declined by 9.9% in May. The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index rose by 3.8% in May when compared to the same month of 2014.
On a monthly basis, however, industrial production dropped 2% on a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis. The manufacturing index declined by 4.2% on a monthly basis while the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index posted a seasonally and calendar adjusted increase of 1.1% in May. The mining and quarrying index, meanwhile, decreased 4.2% compared with April.
On a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis, among the main industrial groupings, the largest monthly decrease was reported in capital goods, which fell by 7.8% in May compared with the previous month.
On a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis, meanwhile, the highest decrease in manufacturing was seen in computer, electronic and optical products, which dropped 34.8% on the month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indian PVC players expect bullish trend to taper off for August
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?