Turkey’s industrial production remains stable in September
In the sub sectors, the manufacturing index edged down 0.2% while the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index increased 2.2% in September when compared to the previous month. The mining and quarrying index, however, declined 3.1% from a month earlier. On a yearly basis, the manufacturing index climbed 3.2% while the mining and quarrying index declined 9.2% compared with the same month of 2014. The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index posted an increase of 6% on the year in September.
On a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis, among the main industrial groupings, the largest monthly decrease was reported in durable consumer goods, which slid 6.3% in September compared with the previous month while the highest increase was seen in the manufacture of other transport equipment, which rose 15.1% on the month.
In the third quarter, meanwhile, Turkey’s seasonally and calendar adjusted industrial production rose by 1.1% compared with the previous quarter.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East