Turkey’s industrial production remains stable in September
In the sub sectors, the manufacturing index edged down 0.2% while the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index increased 2.2% in September when compared to the previous month. The mining and quarrying index, however, declined 3.1% from a month earlier. On a yearly basis, the manufacturing index climbed 3.2% while the mining and quarrying index declined 9.2% compared with the same month of 2014. The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index posted an increase of 6% on the year in September.
On a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis, among the main industrial groupings, the largest monthly decrease was reported in durable consumer goods, which slid 6.3% in September compared with the previous month while the highest increase was seen in the manufacture of other transport equipment, which rose 15.1% on the month.
In the third quarter, meanwhile, Turkey’s seasonally and calendar adjusted industrial production rose by 1.1% compared with the previous quarter.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops