Turkey's industrial production, retail sales up in October
Compared with same month of previous year, the calendar adjusted industrial production was also up by 7.3% in October. The manufacturing index rose by 7.7% while the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index rose by 0.5% and the mining and quarrying index was up by 7.3% in October from a year earlier.
Among the main industrial groupings (MIGs), capital goods posted the largest increase by 8.2% in October month on month.
Turkey’s retail sales also posted an increase on a monthly and yearly basis in October. The country’s retail sales slightly increased by 0.1% in October from a month earlier while they rose by 2.4% when compared to the same month of last year.
The data showed that food, non-food sales (except automotive fuel sales) and automotive sales increased by 1.8% and 1.9% respectively while food, drinks and tobacco sales were up by 1.8% on a monthly basis. On a yearly basis, food, drinks and tobacco sales decreased by 0.7% , while automotive fuel sales and non-food sales (except automotive fuel sales) increased by 5.3% and 2.6% respectively.
The data also revealed that computers, books, telecommunication sales were down by 3.7%; electronic goods and furniture sales decreased by 4.6%; sales via mail orders and internet declined by 2.1%; textiles, clothing and footwear increased by 2.8%; medical goods as well as cosmetic sales rose by 5.8% in October on a monthly basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP markets at more than 4-month lows, buyer-seller tug of war intensifies
- Demand pressure casts cloud on PVC hikes in Türkiye
- Non-European PPBC offers at aggressive levels add to bearishness in Italy
- Correction: China, SEA PE markets continue downtrend as Nov ends, what lies ahead in Dec?
- Europe’s dumping case on US and Egyptian PVC: A look at early reactions and possible impacts on trade flows
- Aggressive US PE prices find way to Türkiye, Africa amid year-end stock clearing
- PLAST EURASIA 2023: Players discuss PP, PE outlook amid financial challenges
- Stats: India’s Jan-Sep PVC imports surge, China takes the lion’s share despite safeguard investigation
- Sentiment weakens across African PP, PE markets in November
- HDPE film drops faster than other two main PE film grades in China