Turkey's industrial production, retail sales up in October
Compared with same month of previous year, the calendar adjusted industrial production was also up by 7.3% in October. The manufacturing index rose by 7.7% while the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index rose by 0.5% and the mining and quarrying index was up by 7.3% in October from a year earlier.
Among the main industrial groupings (MIGs), capital goods posted the largest increase by 8.2% in October month on month.
Turkey’s retail sales also posted an increase on a monthly and yearly basis in October. The country’s retail sales slightly increased by 0.1% in October from a month earlier while they rose by 2.4% when compared to the same month of last year.
The data showed that food, non-food sales (except automotive fuel sales) and automotive sales increased by 1.8% and 1.9% respectively while food, drinks and tobacco sales were up by 1.8% on a monthly basis. On a yearly basis, food, drinks and tobacco sales decreased by 0.7% , while automotive fuel sales and non-food sales (except automotive fuel sales) increased by 5.3% and 2.6% respectively.
The data also revealed that computers, books, telecommunication sales were down by 3.7%; electronic goods and furniture sales decreased by 4.6%; sales via mail orders and internet declined by 2.1%; textiles, clothing and footwear increased by 2.8%; medical goods as well as cosmetic sales rose by 5.8% in October on a monthly basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Malaysia PP exports almost triple in February
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt
- PP, PE markets on a slight uptrend in Indonesia despite Ramadan lull
- European PE hovers around 11-year low, is reversal near?
- US PVC prices bounce on heels of eased stock pressure