Turkey’s industrial production revives in February
In the sub sectors, the manufacturing index was up 0.7% year on year while the mining and quarrying index declined by 0.7%. The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index increased 3.2% in February when compared to the same month of 2014. On a monthly basis, the manufacturing index rose 1.7% while the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index posted a slight increase of 0.3% in February. In addition, the mining and quarrying index also climbed 5.8% compared with January.
Among the main industrial groupings, the largest monthly increase was reported in durable consumer goods, which increased by 6.6% on seasonally and calendar adjusted basis in February.
On a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis, meanwhile, the highest increase in manufacturing was seen in the manufacturing of basic pharmaceutical products, which jumped 10% on the month while the steepest decrease was reported in the manufacturing of other transport equipment, which declined by 11.7% in February.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe