Turkey’s industrial production rises for 3rd straight month in June
In the sub sectors, the manufacturing index rose by 6.9% while the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index increased 3.8% in June when compared to the same month of 2014. The mining and quarrying index, however, declined by 6.6% in June.
On a monthly basis, meanwhile, industrial production rose 2.4% on a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis. The manufacturing index rose by 3.3% on a monthly basis while the mining and quarrying index, meanwhile, increased 1.3% compared with May. However, the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index posted a seasonally and calendar adjusted decrease of 3.4% in June.
On a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis, among the main industrial groupings, the largest monthly increase was reported in durable consumer goods, which rose 13.3% in June compared with the previous month.
On a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis, meanwhile, the highest increase in manufacturing was seen in other transportation vehicles products, which rose 32.9% on the month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?