Turkey’s industrial production rises for 3rd straight month in June
In the sub sectors, the manufacturing index rose by 6.9% while the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index increased 3.8% in June when compared to the same month of 2014. The mining and quarrying index, however, declined by 6.6% in June.
On a monthly basis, meanwhile, industrial production rose 2.4% on a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis. The manufacturing index rose by 3.3% on a monthly basis while the mining and quarrying index, meanwhile, increased 1.3% compared with May. However, the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index posted a seasonally and calendar adjusted decrease of 3.4% in June.
On a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis, among the main industrial groupings, the largest monthly increase was reported in durable consumer goods, which rose 13.3% in June compared with the previous month.
On a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis, meanwhile, the highest increase in manufacturing was seen in other transportation vehicles products, which rose 32.9% on the month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops