Turkey’s industrial production slows in Nov
In the sub sectors, the manufacturing index declined 0.2% year on year while the mining and quarrying index increased 6.3%. The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index also increased 5.0% in November compared with the same period of 2013. On a monthly basis, the manufacturing index declined 0.3% while the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index was up 0.5% in November. In addition, the mining and quarrying index climbed 0.8% when compared to the previous month.
Meanwhile, among the main industrial groupings, the largest monthly decrease in calendar and seasonally adjusted terms was reported for durable goods, which weakened by 2.0% in November. In the sub-sectors of the manufacturing sector, the highest monthly decrease was seen in the manufacturing of transport equipment, which contracted by 21.9% while printing and reproduction of recorded media posted the highest monthly increase, rising by 10.1% in November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will it be supply or demand to set PP, PE outlook in Europe?
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit