Turkey’s industrial production slows in Nov
In the sub sectors, the manufacturing index declined 0.2% year on year while the mining and quarrying index increased 6.3%. The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index also increased 5.0% in November compared with the same period of 2013. On a monthly basis, the manufacturing index declined 0.3% while the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index was up 0.5% in November. In addition, the mining and quarrying index climbed 0.8% when compared to the previous month.
Meanwhile, among the main industrial groupings, the largest monthly decrease in calendar and seasonally adjusted terms was reported for durable goods, which weakened by 2.0% in November. In the sub-sectors of the manufacturing sector, the highest monthly decrease was seen in the manufacturing of transport equipment, which contracted by 21.9% while printing and reproduction of recorded media posted the highest monthly increase, rising by 10.1% in November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets