Turkey’s industrial production tops expectations in August
In the sub sectors, the manufacturing index rose by 8.7% while the electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index increased 3.6% in August when compared to the same month of 2014. The mining and quarrying index, however, declined 3.8% from a year earlier. On a monthly basis, the manufacturing index climbed 3.3% while the mining and quarrying index increased 2% compared with July. The electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply index posted an increase of 1.2% in August.
On a seasonally and calendar adjusted basis, among the main industrial groupings, the largest monthly increase was reported in manufacture of computer, electronic and optical products, which surged 30.9% in August compared with the previous month while the highest decrease was seen in the manufacture of transport equipment, which declined 12.7% on the month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally