Turkey’s industrial production up on year, down on month in Aug
The largest monthly increase was seen in the manufacture of basic pharmaceutical products and pharmaceutical preparations by 11.8%, according to data.
The data revealed that the highest decrease was in capital goods by 3.7% in August, compared with July.
In the sub sectors, the highest monthly decrease was reported in the manufacture of computer, electronic and optical products by 16.8%; of motor vehicles, trailers and semi-trailers by 13.3% and of manufacture of repair and the installation of machinery and equipment by 10.6% in August month-on-month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm