Turkey’s local LLDPE, HDPE markets edge down on waning demand
Increased supply weighed on LLDPE and HDPE b/m
PE demand has slowed when compared to the first half of July since most buyers have already secured some volumes. Traders blamed the arrival of lower cost cargos as a factor that eased availability and dented buying interest ahead of the imminent holiday lull.
Nearing holiday dimmed buying appetite further
Most buyers elected to stick to the sidelines ahead of fresh import PE offers from their suppliers. In the local market, the overall HDPE and LLDPE film ranges were assessed $10-20/ton lower week over week at $1100-1160/ton and $1090-1150/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT, respectively.
HDPE b/m prices below the $1100/ton threshold were widely talked amid sellers’ willing to entice their sales before holiday. Some players reported hearing prices as low as at $1060-1080/ton although these levels were not confirmed by primary sources at the time of press.
Meanwhile, LDPE level was notionally unchanged at $1240-1290/ton with the same terms. According to participants, fading activity led to smoother deliveries from the domestic producer Petkim compared to the previous weeks when the company was short on stocks.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Saudi PP, PE markets reverse course in Feb after 8 months, maintenance schedule busy in Mid-East
- Freight carriers aim to manage supply-demand balance by blanking more sailings
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year