Turkey’s local PET market edges down further despite season
A domestic producer who kept its notional prices flat at the previous week’s levels stated that PET prices are softening although supply is not that ample. “The $1200/ton level is not found workable under current circumstances as buyers are sidelined to decide on their next move amidst uncertainty with falling prices in China on one hand and the bullish trend in the European market on the other hand,” said a producer source.
A different producer admitted to have concluded some deals below their list prices amidst slow market conditions. A source from the producer said, “Our prices are stable on the week but our done deal levels edged slightly down by $5-10/ton from the previous week as buyers are holding their purchases.”
According to many players, further softening is on the horizon; however, no drastic falls are awaited ahead of the peak season for PET.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?