Turkey’s local PET market edges down further despite season
A domestic producer who kept its notional prices flat at the previous week’s levels stated that PET prices are softening although supply is not that ample. “The $1200/ton level is not found workable under current circumstances as buyers are sidelined to decide on their next move amidst uncertainty with falling prices in China on one hand and the bullish trend in the European market on the other hand,” said a producer source.
A different producer admitted to have concluded some deals below their list prices amidst slow market conditions. A source from the producer said, “Our prices are stable on the week but our done deal levels edged slightly down by $5-10/ton from the previous week as buyers are holding their purchases.”
According to many players, further softening is on the horizon; however, no drastic falls are awaited ahead of the peak season for PET.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PS, ABS markets shoot up on production upsets, soaring styrene
- Upsurge continues to wreak havoc on Turkey’s PP, PE markets
- PVC rally roars back in Asia as supply worries mount
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?