Turkey’s local PP market jumps on supply limitations
The prevailing locally-held homo PP raffia range has been reported at $1270-1300/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT. The level spiked by $100-130/ton when compared to last week. According to ChemOrbis Price Index, the locally-held PP raffia market has jumped by $180/ton on a weekly average since the beginning of February in Turkey.
“We raised our homo-PP raffia and injection offers to $1280/ton on Friday. We issued an additional increase of $20/ton following the increase from the domestic producer early this week as buying interest is active and prompt availability is tight,” a distributor reported.
A sack maker stated, “We heard that a buyer was offered PP raffia at $1270/ton while his counter bid at $1250/ton was rejected.” The rumor was that there was some Turkmen material available at $1250/ton at the start of the week, a trader claimed, adding that they were not able to find that price though.
Some players predict that the PP market may continue to move up next week depending on Petkim’s pricing policy. The domestic producer raised its PP list prices by $30-35/ton in total following a bearish trend that had been in place since June of last year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China boosts polymer imports from US again despite shrinking overall imports in 2022
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December