Turkey’s local PS market hits 6 month high
The import market started to gradually rise in August-September boosted by rising costs while this caused the bullish trend in the distribution market to gain momentum. Consequently, the post-holiday period opened with hefty hikes from resellers based on their sharply higher costs of imports and global supply concerns triggered by Hurricane Harvey.
As can be seen on the graph below prepared by ChemOrbis Price Wizard, Turkey’s local GPPS and HIPS markets have hit the highest levels in 6 months on a weekly average. During the last three months, the local GPPS market spiked $200/ton, while HIPS prices climbed $150/ton, on a weekly average basis.
“We have been receiving more inquiries from converters this week after receiving demand mostly from traders in the first week after the long Eid holiday. Large scaled buyers are particularly convinced about the recent hikes for PS and they have returned to replenish some inventories recently. We stopped offering our previous low ends in the second half of the week as it is hard to replace stocks from our suppliers following the steep increases,” a distributor stated.
Currently, the overall ranges are at $1900-1980/ton for GPPS and $1950-2050/ton for HIPS, ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT. These levels represent increases of $30-50/ton on the low ends and $80/ton on the high ends just from a week ago.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov