Turkey’s local PVC k67 market hits 7 month-low
The prevailing PVC k67 range is reported $20-30/ton below last week at $1110-1160/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT ($940-983/ton without VAT). Players concurred that the competitively priced Egyptian PVC cargos, which gained prominence in the import market during May as they exerted downward pressure on duty free European origins, weighed down on the local price levels too. “Egyptian materials that are on the way are forming the low ends of the distribution market,” said a buyer.
According to the ChemOrbis graph above, the local market’s premium over duty-free imports has been around $60-80/ton since late April due to the emergence of competitively priced Egyptian cargoes in the import market. Beforehand, this delta was narrower at $15-40/ton in March and April.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia