Turkey’s local PVC k67 market hits 7 month-low
The prevailing PVC k67 range is reported $20-30/ton below last week at $1110-1160/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT ($940-983/ton without VAT). Players concurred that the competitively priced Egyptian PVC cargos, which gained prominence in the import market during May as they exerted downward pressure on duty free European origins, weighed down on the local price levels too. “Egyptian materials that are on the way are forming the low ends of the distribution market,” said a buyer.
According to the ChemOrbis graph above, the local market’s premium over duty-free imports has been around $60-80/ton since late April due to the emergence of competitively priced Egyptian cargoes in the import market. Beforehand, this delta was narrower at $15-40/ton in March and April.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East