Turkey’s local PVC market hits 5 month high
Source: Price Wizard
The overall PVC k67 range is reported at $1150-1200/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT. The range soared $30-50/ton in a time frame of one week, while it indicates a larger gain of $60-80/ton compared to a month ago.
Turkish distributors report achieving vivid sales since last week as tight supplies generated buying interest, particularly for prompt or nearing PVC cargoes, despite a traditionally low season.
A profile manufacturer confirmed, “We are struggling to find prompt material nowadays although we need to purchase. This stems from reduced allocations from Europe.” Some traders also said, “European PVC sources are allocating limited quotas to Turkey. Some producers are facing upstream shortages including for EDC and VCM, meanwhile.”
This time last year, however, the local PVC market had been on a bearish path in Turkey. Prices had displayed a relentless decreasing trend starting from June last year until they bottomed out and rebounded by early February this year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indian PVC players expect bullish trend to taper off for August
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?