Turkey’s local PVC market hits 5 month high
Source: Price Wizard
The overall PVC k67 range is reported at $1150-1200/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT. The range soared $30-50/ton in a time frame of one week, while it indicates a larger gain of $60-80/ton compared to a month ago.
Turkish distributors report achieving vivid sales since last week as tight supplies generated buying interest, particularly for prompt or nearing PVC cargoes, despite a traditionally low season.
A profile manufacturer confirmed, “We are struggling to find prompt material nowadays although we need to purchase. This stems from reduced allocations from Europe.” Some traders also said, “European PVC sources are allocating limited quotas to Turkey. Some producers are facing upstream shortages including for EDC and VCM, meanwhile.”
This time last year, however, the local PVC market had been on a bearish path in Turkey. Prices had displayed a relentless decreasing trend starting from June last year until they bottomed out and rebounded by early February this year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe’s PE markets under pressure from rising supplies
- PP demand fares better than PE in Turkey
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year