Turkey’s local PVC market hits 5 month high
Source: Price Wizard
The overall PVC k67 range is reported at $1150-1200/ton ex-warehouse Turkey, cash inc VAT. The range soared $30-50/ton in a time frame of one week, while it indicates a larger gain of $60-80/ton compared to a month ago.
Turkish distributors report achieving vivid sales since last week as tight supplies generated buying interest, particularly for prompt or nearing PVC cargoes, despite a traditionally low season.
A profile manufacturer confirmed, “We are struggling to find prompt material nowadays although we need to purchase. This stems from reduced allocations from Europe.” Some traders also said, “European PVC sources are allocating limited quotas to Turkey. Some producers are facing upstream shortages including for EDC and VCM, meanwhile.”
This time last year, however, the local PVC market had been on a bearish path in Turkey. Prices had displayed a relentless decreasing trend starting from June last year until they bottomed out and rebounded by early February this year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports