Turkey’s local PVC market shows rapid run-up in prices amid tightness
This week, local offers have risen around $30/ton on the week so far while the upward trend represents an unusual pattern compared with the same period of previous years as can be seen from ChemOrbis Price Wizard.
“Supplies are severely tight. We limit our purchases to 50-60 tons to meet our urgent needs only. Players are not sure the reason why European suppliers refrain from supplying to Turkey. We think that they are diverting their allocations to the Indian market; however, the removal of high denomination currency notes from circulation in India may hinder trading activities significantly there and prices may see some correction if a West European PVC producer resumes their allocations to Turkey. We think that the current prevailing market levels are inflated,” said a plastic end manufacturer.
A trader reported that their sales are smooth this month thanks to the ongoing tightness. “A West European producer still limits their quotas to Turkey. For the near term, we expect to see further increases of $15-20/ton as buyers’ need-only based purchases keep the market tight,” added the trader.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import LDPE, LLDPE prices almost back at par with ethylene in China
- Turkish players voice early PP, PE expectations for November
- Thin buying cushions impact of PVC shutdowns across Europe
- China’s PP market makes a strong start to post-holiday period
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread narrows to 3-year low
- Local PVC markets plunge in India, Southeast Asia
- PE sustains soft path in October across Africa, Mid-East
- Will propylene hike be reflected on European PP?
- US PE sellers continue to target SE Asia as trade war with China escalates
- Spot ethylene hits 14-month low in Asia, Europe despite crude rally