Turkey’s local PVC market shows rapid run-up in prices amid tightness
This week, local offers have risen around $30/ton on the week so far while the upward trend represents an unusual pattern compared with the same period of previous years as can be seen from ChemOrbis Price Wizard.
“Supplies are severely tight. We limit our purchases to 50-60 tons to meet our urgent needs only. Players are not sure the reason why European suppliers refrain from supplying to Turkey. We think that they are diverting their allocations to the Indian market; however, the removal of high denomination currency notes from circulation in India may hinder trading activities significantly there and prices may see some correction if a West European PVC producer resumes their allocations to Turkey. We think that the current prevailing market levels are inflated,” said a plastic end manufacturer.
A trader reported that their sales are smooth this month thanks to the ongoing tightness. “A West European producer still limits their quotas to Turkey. For the near term, we expect to see further increases of $15-20/ton as buyers’ need-only based purchases keep the market tight,” added the trader.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic