Turkey’s polymer imports decrease in April
The top polymer exporters to Turkey in April were Saudi Arabia with 73,592 tons, followed by South Korea (39,947 tons), Iran (33,477), Egypt (20,946 tons) and Belgium (18,016 tons).
In April, homo-PP imports were down by 9% to 138,697 tons compared with the previous month while they also decreased by about 2% from the same month of 2016. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of homo-PP in April with 45,252 tons, followed by Egypt (17,228 tons), South Korea (13,146 tons) and Iran (11,465 tons).
For PP copolymer, Turkey’s April imports were down by 8% on the month at 23,905 tons while they were down by 4% compared with the same month of 2016. South Korea was the top PP copolymer supplier to Turkey with 6,430 tons in April.
Imports for LLDPE decreased by 14% on the month to 31,675 tons in April while they moved down by 6% on a yearly basis. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of LLDPE for another month with 9,324 tons.
Imports for LDPE fell by around 25% month over month to 21,423 tons in April while they also decreased by around 22% compared with the same month of 2016. The top three exporters were Azerbaijan (4,089 tons), Sweden (2,553 tons) and Belgium (2,391 tons). April HDPE imports decreased by 18% on a monthly basis to 50,284 tons while they were down by 35% from a year earlier. The top three exporters were Iran (11,191 tons), Saudi Arabia (10,210 tons) and Uzbekistan (5,519 tons).
Turkey’s PVC imports were up by 15% from a month earlier to 54,247 tons in April. On a yearly basis, PVC imports also moved up by about 23%. France was at the top of the April PVC import list with 10,510 tons, followed by the USA (9,807 tons) and Mexico (6,034 tons).
Turkey imported 19,318 tons of PS in April, down by about 10% on the month and down by 30% on the year. Belgium remained as the top supplier with 5,982 tons of exports. ABS imports increased by 20% month over month to 11,602 tons in April while they were also up by 9% on a yearly basis. South Korea remained as the top supplier with 6,430 tons.
Meanwhile, imports for PET bottle increased by around 14% month over month to 16,190 tons in April while they increased by 23% on a yearly basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness