Turkey’s polymer imports edge lower in January
The top polymer exporters to Turkey in January were Saudi Arabia with 68,298 tons, followed by South Korea (27,278 tons), Egypt (22,047 tons), France (20,893 tons) and Belgium (19,896 tons).
In January, homo-PP imports decreased around 9% to 115,704 tons when compared to December while they were down 12.7% from the same month of 2014. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier to Turkey with 35,996, followed by Egypt with 16,344 tons and India with 10,270 tons. For PP copolymer, however, Turkey’s January imports increased 16.3% to 19,801 tons from the previous month. Saudi Arabia was the top PP copolymer exporter to Turkey with 5,934 tons.
Imports for LLDPE slumped 29.9% from the previous month to 22,024 tons while they were down 20.4% on a yearly basis. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of LLDPE for another month with 10,265 tons.
Meanwhile, for other PE products including LDPE and HDPE, Turkey’s imports declined in January. LDPE imports were down 30.1% month over month to reach 17,991 tons. The top three exporters were Qatar (4,106 tons), Saudi Arabia (2,382 tons) and Belgium (2,077 tons). January HDPE imports also decreased 9.8% on a monthly basis to reach 47,088 tons. The top three exporters to Turkey were Saudi Arabia (12,324 tons), South Korea (6,913 tons) and Iran (6,440 tons).
Turkey imported 63,514 tons of PVC in January, down 4.8% from a month earlier. On a yearly basis, PVC imports plunged 22.2%. France stood at the top of the January PVC import list with 14,539 tons, followed by the USA (13,283 tons) and Mexico (4,905 tons).
Turkey’s January PS imports increased 26.4% on the month to 18,710 tons while imports slumped 37.7% when compared to the same month of 2014. Belgium remained the top supplier with 4,622 tons. Meanwhile, ABS imports surged 41.6% month over month to reach 9,321 tons in January. South Korea remained the top supplier with 5,932 tons.
Imports for PET bottle dipped around 56.5% month over month to 3,222 tons in January 2015 while they plummeted around 70.5% when compared to the same month of 2014. The top PET exporter to Turkey in January was Pakistan with 1,518 tons.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness