Turkey’s polymer imports fall for second straight month in June
The top polymer exporters to Turkey in June were Saudi Arabia with 76,866 tons, followed by South Korea (38,505 tons), Iran (25,847 tons), the USA (20,614 tons) and Belgium (19,725 tons).
In June, homo-PP imports declined around 14% to 107,847 tons when compared to the previous month while they slipped by around 21% from the same month of 2014. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier to Turkey with 40,599 tons, followed by Russia with 8,758 tons and Iran with 8,501 tons. For PP copolymer, Turkey’s June imports declined 15.6% to 24,672 tons from the previous month. South Korea was the top PP copolymer exporter to Turkey with 6,643 tons.
Imports for LLDPE edged lower by 2.9% in June from the previous month to 26,651 tons while they declined around 6.3% on a yearly basis. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of LLDPE for another month with 12,254 tons.
Meanwhile, for other PE products, imports for both HDPE and LDPE fell on the month in June. LDPE imports were down approximately 11.7% month over month to 23,448 tons. The top three exporters were Qatar (3,545 tons), Saudi Arabia (3,241 tons) and Azerbaijan (3,167 tons). June HDPE imports, meanwhile, fell 10.2% on a monthly basis to reach 51,511 tons. The top three exporters to Turkey were Saudi Arabia (13,669 tons), South Korea (11,634 tons) and Iran (9,577 tons).
Turkey’s PVC imports surged about 47% from a month earlier to reach 58,010 tons in June. On a yearly basis, however, PVC imports declined 14.3% in June. The USA stood at the top of the June PVC import list with 17,164 tons, followed by France (7,083 tons) and Mexico (6,556 tons).
Turkey imported 19,087 tons of PS in June, down around 6.6% on the on the month while imports also decreased 25.3% when compared to the same month of 2014. Belgium was the top supplier with 6,125 tons. However, ABS imports rose by 3.2% month over month to 11,288tons in June. South Korea remained the top supplier with 7,629 tons.
Meanwhile, imports for PET bottle slumped by about half month over month to 8,643 tons in June from May’s 15,741 tons, however, they soared by 66% when compared to the same month of 2014. The Europe Free Zone was the top supplier with 4,999 tons, followed by Pakistan with 1,518 tons.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September