Turkey’s polymer imports hit a new record-high in first 3 quarters
In a product-based breakdown, imports of all products, except for HDPE, have contributed to the increase of 12% in the first three quarters.
The most remarkable increase on a yearly basis is seen in imports of LLDPE as they achieved an increase of 25%. Total LLDPE imports seen in the first 9 months of 2017 have already caught up with the cumulative imports achieved during the whole 2016. This is in spite of the fact that the imports of metallocene LLDPE have started to be classified under a new HS code since the beginning of 2017, being separated from regular LLDPE.
HDPE imports were down by 1%, while imports of LDPE increased by 7% on the year and hit a new record level.
The growth in imports of PP, which has the lion’s share in Turkey’s polymer market with 35%, had lost steam considerably in the last 3-4 years. However, homo PP imports surged 8% in the first three quarters of 2017 on a yearly basis, posting a remarkable gain and hitting a new record.
Similarly, Turkey’s copolymer PP imports rose more than 4% in the same period.
In the PVC market, meanwhile, imports were steadily shrinking since 2013, when the overall PVC market size (domestic production + imports) hit a record by nearing 1 million tons. However, imports achieved in the first three quarters managed to defy this constant decreasing cycle as PVC imports were up 8% on year.
Another product that broke a record in the first three quarters was ABS. Cumulative imports increased 11% for this product when compared to the same period of 2016 while they are already about to catch the imports achieved in the whole 2016.
For more, please visit ChemOrbis Import Statistics-by product and ChemOrbis Import Statistics-by country . You can also compare the statistics of various regions and products at a glance by visiting to Stats Wizard , which enables you to create your own charts and graphs under Analysis Tools section.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PS retains firming path on supportive upstream
- June PE outlook under discussion in Europe
- Taiwanese major lowers June PVC offers to Asia despite firm China
- Local PP markets cautiously firmer in Vietnam, Indonesia
- Global ethylene prices continue to defy energy rally
- China’s import polyolefin markets up on soaring crude, futures
- Step-back from initial rollover attempts for ABS in Europe
- Mixed expectations in Asian PVC markets ahead of Taiwanese major’s June pricing
- Global PET markets sustain bullish run on tightness, healthy demand
- PS markets follow divergent paths in Asia and Europe