Turkey’s polymer imports increases in December
The top polymer exporter to Turkey in December was Saudi Arabia with 74,174 tons, followed by Belgium (27,704 tons), South Korea (24,587 tons), Iran (22,114) and Egypt (20,736 tons).
In December, homo-PP imports declined 2.40% to 127,232 tons compared with November while they increased 23.6% from the same month of 2013. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier to Turkey with 39,480 tons, followed by Egypt with 13,104 tons and India with 9,681 tons. For PP copolymer, however, Turkey’s December imports declined 11.5% to 17,012 tons from November. South Korea was the top PP copolymer exporter to Turkey with 4,500 tons.
Imports for LLDPE surged 44.5% from the previous month to 31,459 tons while they were also up 22.2% on a yearly basis. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of LLDPE for another month with 15,239 tons.
Meanwhile, for other PE products including LDPE and HDPE, Turkey’s imports climbed in December. LDPE imports were up 21.2% month over month to reach 25,765 tons. The top three exporters were Azerbaijan (5,933 tons), Qatar (3,341 tons) and Germany (2,931 tons). December HDPE imports surged 32.6% from November to reach 52,212 tons. The top three exporters to Turkey were Saudi Arabia (14,122 tons), Iran (8,534 tons) and South Korea (7,830 tons).
Turkey imported 66,765 tons of PVC in December, down 7.4% from a month earlier. On a yearly basis, PVC imports slumped around 23.7%. France stood at the top of the November PVC import list with 13,590 tons, followed by the Belgium (11,373 tons) and the USA (9,738 tons).
Turkey’s November PS imports were down by 13% on the month to 14,801 tons while imports rose 7.9% when compared to the same month of 2013. Belgium remained the top supplier with 3,590 tons. Meanwhile, ABS imports declined 14.07% month over month to reach 6,580 tons in December. South Korea remained the top supplier with 3,131 tons.
In December, imports for PET bottle increased more than twofold when compared to November with an increase rate of 164.4% month over month to 7,409 tons while imports dipped around 24.4% when compared to the same month of 2013. The top PET exporter to Turkey in December was China with 4,349 tons.
Meanwhile, for the full year of 2014, Turkey’s polymer imports declined 2% to 4,405,435 tons. In 2014, the top three exporters to Turkey were Saudi Arabia (968,608 tons), South Korea (413,240 tons) and Iran (291,050 tons).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September