Turkey’s polymer imports move higher in March
The top polymer exporters to Turkey in March were Saudi Arabia with 76,282 tons, followed by Iran (37,229 tons), France (32,247 tons), Belgium (31,007 tons) and South Korea (25,511 tons).
In March, homo-PP imports surged around 29.5% to 129,412 tons when compared to February while they rose 6.2% from the same month of 2014. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier to Turkey with 41,634 tons, followed by Iran with 17,222 tons and Egypt with 8,808 tons. For PP copolymer, meanwhile, Turkey’s March imports increased 18.9% to 25,037 tons from the previous month. Belgium was the top PP copolymer exporter to Turkey with 4,469 tons.
Imports for LLDPE posted a slight decrease of 0.2% from the previous month to 30,199 tons while they surged around 34.1% on a yearly basis. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of LLDPE for another month with 12,020 tons.
Meanwhile, for other PE products including LDPE and HDPE, Turkey’s imports moved higher in March. LDPE imports climbed 23.3% month over month to reach 25,161 tons. The top three exporters were Saudi Arabia (4,954 tons), Belgium (3,598 tons) and Qatar (3,570 tons). March HDPE imports also increased 7.5% on a monthly basis to reach 53,776 tons. The top three exporters to Turkey were Saudi Arabia (13,504 tons), Iran (11,393 tons) and South Korea (5,677 tons).
Turkey imported 82,331 tons of PVC in March, up 42.6% from a month earlier. On a yearly basis, PVC imports rose 24.7%in March. France stood at the top of the March PVC import list with 22,819 tons, followed by the USA (12,464 tons) and Spain (9,246 tons).
Turkey’s March PS imports were up 25.7% on the month to 26,964 tons while imports soared 68.1% when compared to the same month of 2014. Belgium was the top supplier with 7,067 tons. Meanwhile, ABS imports also rose 19.7% month over month to 8,996 tons in March. South Korea remained the top supplier with 5,222 tons.
Meanwhile, imports for PET bottle increased around 29.6% month over month to 5,919 tons in March 2015 while they decreased by 26.2% when compared to the same month of 2014.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?