Turkey’s polymer imports move higher in November
The top polymer exporter to Turkey in November was Saudi Arabia with 68,828 tons, followed by Belgium (26,483 tons), Egypt (25,088 tons), France (22,092 tons) and South Korea (20,908 tons).
In November, homo-PP imports climbed 32.2% to 130,348 tons when compared to October while they increased 18.2% from the same month of 2013. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier to Turkey with 39,508 tons, followed by Egypt with 16,608 tons and Greece with 9,628 tons. For PP copolymer, however, Turkey’s November imports fell 0.4% to 19,230 tons from October. South Korea was the top PP copolymer exporter to Turkey with 5,831 tons.
Imports for LLDPE decreased 8.8% from the previous month to 21,762 tons while they were down 29.7% on a yearly basis. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of LLDPE for another month with 13,656 tons.
Meanwhile, for other PE products including LDPE and HDPE, Turkey’s imports declined in November. LDPE imports were down 13.8% month over month to reach 21,241 tons. The top three exporters were Qatar (3,902 tons), Belgium (2,896 tons) and Azerbaijan (2,772 tons). November HDPE imports also decreased 13.7% from October to reach 39,353 tons. The top three exporters to Turkey were Saudi Arabia (11,903 tons), Iran (6,083 tons) and Belgium (2,437 tons).
Turkey imported 72,073 tons of PVC in November, up 34.2% from a month earlier. On a yearly basis, PVC imports surged around 24.2%. France stood at the top of the November PVC import list with 16,820 tons, followed by the USA (11,976 tons) and Mexico (9,984 tons).
Turkey’s November PS imports were down by 8.6% on the month to 17,005 tons while imports also decreased 7.1% when compared to the same month of 2013. Belgium remained the top supplier with 4,166 tons. Meanwhile, ABS imports declined 3.2% month over month to reach 7,658 tons in November. South Korea remained the top supplier with 4,772 tons.
Imports for PET bottle rose around 32.5% month over month to 2,802 tons in November 2014 while they dipped around 52.3% when compared to the same month of 2013. The top PET exporter to Turkey in November was India with 1,518 tons.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record