Turkey’s polymer imports move higher in November
The top polymer exporter to Turkey in November was Saudi Arabia with 68,828 tons, followed by Belgium (26,483 tons), Egypt (25,088 tons), France (22,092 tons) and South Korea (20,908 tons).
In November, homo-PP imports climbed 32.2% to 130,348 tons when compared to October while they increased 18.2% from the same month of 2013. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier to Turkey with 39,508 tons, followed by Egypt with 16,608 tons and Greece with 9,628 tons. For PP copolymer, however, Turkey’s November imports fell 0.4% to 19,230 tons from October. South Korea was the top PP copolymer exporter to Turkey with 5,831 tons.
Imports for LLDPE decreased 8.8% from the previous month to 21,762 tons while they were down 29.7% on a yearly basis. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of LLDPE for another month with 13,656 tons.
Meanwhile, for other PE products including LDPE and HDPE, Turkey’s imports declined in November. LDPE imports were down 13.8% month over month to reach 21,241 tons. The top three exporters were Qatar (3,902 tons), Belgium (2,896 tons) and Azerbaijan (2,772 tons). November HDPE imports also decreased 13.7% from October to reach 39,353 tons. The top three exporters to Turkey were Saudi Arabia (11,903 tons), Iran (6,083 tons) and Belgium (2,437 tons).
Turkey imported 72,073 tons of PVC in November, up 34.2% from a month earlier. On a yearly basis, PVC imports surged around 24.2%. France stood at the top of the November PVC import list with 16,820 tons, followed by the USA (11,976 tons) and Mexico (9,984 tons).
Turkey’s November PS imports were down by 8.6% on the month to 17,005 tons while imports also decreased 7.1% when compared to the same month of 2013. Belgium remained the top supplier with 4,166 tons. Meanwhile, ABS imports declined 3.2% month over month to reach 7,658 tons in November. South Korea remained the top supplier with 4,772 tons.
Imports for PET bottle rose around 32.5% month over month to 2,802 tons in November 2014 while they dipped around 52.3% when compared to the same month of 2013. The top PET exporter to Turkey in November was India with 1,518 tons.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East