Turkey’s polymer imports rise 20.6% on month in March
In March, homo-PP imports rose about 14.5% to around 147,581 tons compared with the previous month while imports climbed about 14% from the same month of 2015. For PP copolymer, Turkey’s March imports rose about 30.3% to 30,264 tons from the previous month while imports climbed around 20.8% from the same month of 2015. South Korea was reported to be the top PP copolymer supplier to Turkey with 9,032 tons in March.
Imports for LLDPE increased around 40% on the month to 39,376 tons in March while they moved higher by around 30.3% on a yearly basis. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of LLDPE for another month with 14,228 tons.
Imports for HDPE and LDPE rose on a monthly basis in March. LDPE imports jumped about 7.1% month over month to 22,820 tons while declining around 9.3% compared with the same month of 2015. The tops three exporters were Saudi Arabia (3,596 tons), Azerbaijan (3,515 tons) and Belgium (2,864 tons). March HDPE imports, however, jumped about 43.2% on a monthly basis to 72,786 tons while imports for HDPE climbed around 35.3% on a yearly basis. The top three exporters were Saudi Arabia (16,915 tons), Iran (15,635 tons) and South Korea (11,757 tons).
Turkey’s PVC imports fell around 6.7% from a month earlier to reach 54,783 tons in March. On a yearly basis, meanwhile, March PVC imports plunged about 33.4%. France remained at the top of March PVC import list with 12,603 tons, followed by the USA (7,792 tons) and Spain (7,631 tons).
Turkey imported 28,603 tons of PS in March, up about 58.7% on the month and 6% on the year. Belgium remained the top supplier with 6,864 tons. ABS imports, meanwhile, rose about 39.4% month over month to 12,728 tons in March while imports surged 41.4% on a yearly basis from 8,996 tons in March 2015. South Korea remained the top supplier with 8,987 tons.
Meanwhile, imports for PET bottle decreased around 12.7% month over month to 8,213 tons in March while imports jumped by 38.7% from the 5,919 tons in the same month of 2015.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand