Turkey’s polymer imports rise 5% in September
The top polymer exporters to Turkey in September were Saudi Arabia with 64,244 tons, followed by South Korea (44,943 tons), Iran (23,298 tons), France (19,381 tons) and Egypt (18,174 tons).
In September, homo-PP imports rose around 1.6% to 114,041 tons compared with the previous month while they fell by around 5.6% from the same month of 2014. Saudi Arabia remained the top supplier to Turkey with 36,806 tons, followed by Egypt with 14,256 tons and India with 11,985 tons. For PP copolymer, Turkey’s September imports climbed 15.4% to 22,838 tons from the previous month. South Korea continued to be the top PP copolymer exporter to Turkey with 7,479 tons.
Imports for LLDPE increased 7.8% in September from the previous month to 28,105 tons while imports were also up 10.6% on a yearly basis. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of LLDPE for another month with 10,151 tons.
However, imports for HDPE and LDPE moved lower in September. LDPE imports declined approximately 22% month over month to reach 18,566 tons. The top three exporters were Germany (2,633 tons), Azerbaijan (2,504 tons) and Israel (2,265 tons). September HDPE imports also fell around 4.5% on a monthly basis to 39,913 tons. The top three exporters to Turkey were Saudi Arabia (10,945 tons), South Korea (10,120 tons) and Iran (5,649 tons).
Turkey’s PVC imports surged around 47% from a month earlier to reach 72,524 tons in September. On a yearly basis, meanwhile, PVC imports rose around 31% in September. Belgium stood at the top of the September PVC import list with 12,650 tons, followed by France (12,370 tons) and the USA (8,606 tons).
Turkey imported 20,495 tons of PS in September, up about 6.6% on the on the month while imports increased 8% when compared to the same month of 2014. Belgium was the top supplier with 5,446 tons. ABS imports, meanwhile, dropped 10.2% month over month to 7,321 tons in September. South Korea remained the top supplier with 5,177 tons.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa
- Vietnam’s PE market sees first hike attempts after two months