Turkey’s polymer imports see further decreases in July
The top polymer exporters to Turkey in July were Saudi Arabia with 64,372 tons, followed by South Korea (41,207 tons), the USA (24,406 tons), Belgium (17,767 tons) and Iran (16,912 tons).
In July, homo-PP imports fell around 5% to 101,914 tons compared with the previous month while they slumped by around 20% from the same month of 2014. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier to Turkey with 33,129 tons, followed by South Korea with 10,836 tons and Egypt with 10,825 tons. For PP copolymer, Turkey’s July imports edged lower by 0.8% to 24,455 tons from the previous month. South Korea remained to be the top PP copolymer exporter to Turkey with 6,843 tons.
Imports for LLDPE slid 3.2% in July from the previous month to 25,799 tons while they slumped around 13.3% on a yearly basis. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of LLDPE for another month with 12,766 tons.
Meanwhile, for other PE products, imports for both HDPE and LDPE saw fresh declines on the month in July. LDPE imports plunged approximately 20% month over month to 18,784 tons. The top three exporters were Qatar (3,698 tons), Israel (2,955 tons) and Germany (2,631 tons). July HDPE imports, meanwhile, fell 14.4% on a monthly basis to 44,111 tons. The top three exporters to Turkey were Saudi Arabia (11,027 tons), South Korea (11,027 tons) and Iran (6,044 tons).
Turkey’s PVC imports declined around 4% from a month earlier to reach 55,713 tons in July. On a yearly basis, meanwhile, PVC imports slumped 21% in July. The USA stood at the top of the July PVC import list with 21,131 tons, followed by Mexico (7,574 tons) and Norway (5,100 tons).
Turkey imported 18,877 tons of PS in July, down 1.1% on the on the month while imports also decreased 13.2% when compared to the same month of 2014. Belgium was the top supplier with 6,250 tons. However, ABS imports dropped 21.6% month over month to 8,844 tons in July. South Korea remained the top supplier with 5,962 tons.
Meanwhile, imports for PET bottle rose about 54% to 13,300 tons in July from June’s 8,643 tons, however, they almost tripled when compared to the same month of 2014. China was the top supplier with 6,639 tons, followed by the Europe Free Zone with 2,625 tons.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa
- Vietnam’s PE market sees first hike attempts after two months