Turkey’s polymer imports slightly down in February
The top polymer exporters to Turkey in February were Saudi Arabia with 72,212 tons, followed by South Korea (26,288 tons), Iran (24,306 tons), Belgium (18,006 tons) and France (17,862 tons).
In February, homo-PP imports dropped around 13.6% to 99,876 tons when compared to January while they were down 9.5% from the same month of 2014. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier to Turkey with 31,413 tons, followed by Egypt with 9,048 tons and Greece with 8,093 tons. For PP copolymer, however, Turkey’s February imports increased 6.3% to 21,045 tons from the previous month. South Korea was the top PP copolymer exporter to Turkey with 6,255 tons.
Imports for LLDPE surged 37.4% from the previous month to 30,274 tons while they were down 1.1% on a yearly basis. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of LLDPE for another month with 15,536 tons.
Meanwhile, for other PE products including LDPE and HDPE, Turkey’s imports also moved higher in February. LDPE imports were up 13.4% month over month to reach 20,404 tons. The top three exporters were Saudi Arabia (3,267 tons), Germany (3,156 tons) and Azerbaijan (3,119 tons). February HDPE imports also increased 6.2% on a monthly basis to reach 50,006 tons. The top three exporters to Turkey were Saudi Arabia (16,735 tons), Iran (9,767 tons) and South Korea (5,311 tons).
Turkey imported 57,706 tons of PVC in February, down 9.1% from a month earlier. On a yearly basis, PVC imports slumped 29.6%. The USA stood at the top of the February PVC import list with 11,392 tons, followed by the France (10,403 tons) and Egypt (7,228 tons).
Turkey’s February PS imports climbed 14.6% on the month to 21,446 tons while imports were up 18.5% when compared to the same month of 2014. Belgium remained the top supplier with 5,119 tons. However, ABS imports declined 19.4% month over month to 7,512 tons in February. South Korea remained the top supplier with 4,380 tons.
Meanwhile, imports for PET bottle increased around 41.7% month over month to 4,565 tons in February 2015 while they decreased by 18.04% when compared to the same month of 2014. The top PET exporter to Turkey in February was Pakistan with 2,507 tons.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PS, EPS markets retain uptrend on low availability
- China’s PP, PE and PVC markets continue to offer poor netbacks despite better sentiment
- LDPE run-up enters its third month in China as tightness persists
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe