Turkey’s polymer imports slip 4% in November
The top polymer exporters to Turkey in November were Saudi Arabia with 82,467, followed by South Korea (48,284 tons), Iran (32,262 tons), Egypt (28,238 tons) and Belgium (19,826 tons).
In November, homo-PP imports edged up around 0.8% to 145,177 tons compared with the previous month while they rose around 11.4% from the same month of 2014. Saudi Arabia remained the top supplier to Turkey with 45,993 tons, followed by Egypt with 25,604 tons and India with 12,978 tons. For PP copolymer, Turkey’s November imports climbed about 4.6% to 25,026 tons from the previous month. Saudi Arabia was reported to be the top PP copolymer exporter to Turkey with 6,685 tons.
Imports for LLDPE were reported mostly stable on the month at 33.926 tons in November while imports surged 55.8% on a yearly basis. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of LLDPE for another month with 10,679 tons.
Imports for HDPE and LDPE moved in opposite directions in November. LDPE imports declined around 11% month over month to reach 21,557 tons. The top three exporters were Belgium (3,720 tons), Azerbaijan (3,116 tons) and Qatar (2,501 tons). November HDPE imports, however, climbed 1.1% on a monthly basis to 59,775 tons. The top three exporters to Turkey were Saudi Arabia (13,475 tons), Iran (13,228 tons) and South Korea (12,517 tons).
Turkey’s PVC imports fell around 18.5% from a month earlier to reach 60.061 tons in November. On a yearly basis, meanwhile, PVC imports dropped about 16.6% in November. France stood at the top of the October PVC import list with 10,972 tons, followed by Mexico (9,312 tons) and Spain (6,348 tons).
Turkey imported 24,021 tons of PS in November, down about 1.5% on the month while imports increased 41.2% when compared to the same month of 2014. Belgium remained the top supplier with 5,066 tons. ABS imports, meanwhile, increased 20.5% month over month to 9,635 tons in November. South Korea remained the top supplier with 6,483 tons.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets