Turkey’s polymer imports stable in August
The top polymer exporters to Turkey in August were Saudi Arabia with 70,877 tons, followed by South Korea (40,239 tons), Iran (23,726 tons), Egypt (18,931 tons) and Belgium (17,406 tons).
In August, homo-PP imports rose around 10.1% to 112,274 tons compared with the previous month while they fell by around 14% from the same month of 2014. Saudi Arabia remained the top supplier to Turkey with 43,164 tons, followed by Egypt with 16,608 tons and South Korea with 8,876 tons. For PP copolymer, Turkey’s August imports slipped by 19.1% to 19,781 tons from the previous month. South Korea continued to be the top PP copolymer exporter to Turkey with 6,380 tons.
Imports for LLDPE edged up 1% in August from the previous month to 26,058 tons while imports slipped around 4.5% on a yearly basis. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of LLDPE for another month with 10,514 tons.
Meanwhile, for other PE products, imports for HDPE and LDPE followed opposite directions in August. LDPE imports rose approximately 27% month over month to reach 23,771 tons. The top three exporters were Qatar (3,800 tons), Saudi Arabia (3,493 tons) and Azerbaijan (3,270 tons). August HDPE imports, however, fell 5.2% on a monthly basis to 41,780 tons. The top three exporters to Turkey were Saudi Arabia (9,807 tons), South Korea (9,257 tons) and Iran (8,629 tons).
Turkey’s PVC imports declined around 11.4% from a month earlier to reach 49,362 tons in August. On a yearly basis, meanwhile, PVC imports slumped around 27% in August. The USA stood at the top of the August PVC import list with 11,672 tons, followed by Taiwan (6,842 tons) and Norway (4,886 tons).
Turkey imported 19,232 tons of PS in August, up 1.8% on the on the month while imports decreased 11.7% when compared to the same month of 2014. Belgium was the top supplier with 7,965 tons. ABS imports, meanwhile, dropped 7.7% month over month to 8,155 tons in August. South Korea remained the top supplier with 6,305 tons.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May
- Downtrend continues in Turkish PP, PE markets amid Ramadan lull