Turkey’s polymer imports stable in August
The top polymer exporters to Turkey in August were Saudi Arabia with 70,877 tons, followed by South Korea (40,239 tons), Iran (23,726 tons), Egypt (18,931 tons) and Belgium (17,406 tons).
In August, homo-PP imports rose around 10.1% to 112,274 tons compared with the previous month while they fell by around 14% from the same month of 2014. Saudi Arabia remained the top supplier to Turkey with 43,164 tons, followed by Egypt with 16,608 tons and South Korea with 8,876 tons. For PP copolymer, Turkey’s August imports slipped by 19.1% to 19,781 tons from the previous month. South Korea continued to be the top PP copolymer exporter to Turkey with 6,380 tons.
Imports for LLDPE edged up 1% in August from the previous month to 26,058 tons while imports slipped around 4.5% on a yearly basis. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of LLDPE for another month with 10,514 tons.
Meanwhile, for other PE products, imports for HDPE and LDPE followed opposite directions in August. LDPE imports rose approximately 27% month over month to reach 23,771 tons. The top three exporters were Qatar (3,800 tons), Saudi Arabia (3,493 tons) and Azerbaijan (3,270 tons). August HDPE imports, however, fell 5.2% on a monthly basis to 41,780 tons. The top three exporters to Turkey were Saudi Arabia (9,807 tons), South Korea (9,257 tons) and Iran (8,629 tons).
Turkey’s PVC imports declined around 11.4% from a month earlier to reach 49,362 tons in August. On a yearly basis, meanwhile, PVC imports slumped around 27% in August. The USA stood at the top of the August PVC import list with 11,672 tons, followed by Taiwan (6,842 tons) and Norway (4,886 tons).
Turkey imported 19,232 tons of PS in August, up 1.8% on the on the month while imports decreased 11.7% when compared to the same month of 2014. Belgium was the top supplier with 7,965 tons. ABS imports, meanwhile, dropped 7.7% month over month to 8,155 tons in August. South Korea remained the top supplier with 6,305 tons.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers