Turkey’s polymer imports surge 22% in October
The top polymer exporters to Turkey in October were Saudi Arabia with 79,252 tons, followed by South Korea (44,130 tons), Iran (36,990 tons), Egypt (29,420 tons) and Spain (20,154 tons).
In October, homo-PP imports rose around 26% to 144,036 tons compared with the previous month while they surged around 46.1% from the same month of 2014. Saudi Arabia remained the top supplier to Turkey with 42,952 tons, followed by Egypt with 22,612 tons and India with 15,120 tons. For PP copolymer, Turkey’s October imports climbed about 4.7% to 23,932 tons from the previous month. South Korea continued to be the top PP copolymer exporter to Turkey with 5,500 tons.
Imports for LLDPE increased 20.4% in October from the previous month to 33,838 tons while imports surged 41.7% on a yearly basis. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier of LLDPE for another month with 13,699 tons.
Imports for HDPE and LDPE also rose in October. LDPE imports increased 30.5% month over month to reach 24,238 tons. The top three exporters were Qatar (4,386 tons), Spain (3,989 tons) and Azerbaijan (2,400 tons). October HDPE imports also jumped 48.1% on a monthly basis to 59,123 tons. The top three exporters to Turkey were Saudi Arabia (15,433 tons), South Korea (12,193 tons) and Iran (11,149 tons).
Turkey’s PVC imports were up around 1.6% from a month earlier to reach 73,711 tons in October. On a yearly basis, meanwhile, PVC imports rose around 37.3% in October. France stood at the top of the October PVC import list with 12,769 tons, followed by Mexico (10,175 tons) and the USA (8,451 tons).
Turkey imported 24,405 tons of PS in October, up about 19% on the on the month while imports increased 31.2% when compared to the same month of 2014. Belgium remained the top supplier with 5,428 tons. ABS imports, meanwhile, increased 9.1% month over month to 7,991 tons in October. South Korea remained the top supplier with 5,944 tons.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe