Turkey’s polymer imports surge in Q1, LLDPE and PPH hit all-time high
PPH imports hit highest Q1 volume of all times
In the first three months of the year, Turkey’s PPH imports rose by 14% when compared to Q1 2019 and by 15% from Q4 2019. Moreover, imports slightly surpassed 460,000 tons in the period to reach the highest volume since 2000 when ChemOrbis started compiling data
PP copolymer imports were also the highest in 7 years at 82.000 tons in January-March. The Q1 volume represented a 20% jump on a yearly basis and an 8% gain from the previous quarter.
S-PVC imports in the first quarter climbed 11% year-on-year
In Q1, Turkey imported about 165,000 tons of S-PVC in total, up 11% from the first quarter of 2019 and nearly 6% from the previous quarter. This pointed to the highest Q1 volume since 2018 when imports had slightly surpassed 200,000 tons.
LDPE recaptures the 2018-high in Jan-March
Imports of LDPE soared 33% in the first quarter of the year from the same period of 2019. The Q1 figure also jumped almost 30% with respect to the previous quarter.
The total import volume recaptured the all-time high at 88,000 tons in 2018 once again, revealed data from ChemOrbis Import Statistics.
To track Turkey’s imports by country, please click here (For members only)
To track Turkey’s imports by product, please click here (For members only)
Imports of LLDPE reached the highest Q1 volume
Turkey imported 166.000 tons of LLDPE in the first three months of this year. This did not only indicate an increase of 28% year-on-year and 21% from the previous quarter, but also the highest amount for this particular quarter since 2000.
Imports of mLLDPE saw a 90% spike to stand at 21.000 tons in Q1 when compared to the same period of last year. Imports also soared 66% from Q4 2019.
The figure pointed to the highest Q1 volume since 2017, statistics data from ChemOrbis suggested.
HDPE imports surged nearly 17% from last year
Total HDPE imports climbed 17% on a yearly basis to slightly above 165.000 tons between January and March. Similar to LDPE, the figure pointed to the highest volume in 2 years for this period. Plus, it surged 19% from the last quarter of 2019.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Malaysia PP exports almost triple in February
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt
- PP, PE markets on a slight uptrend in Indonesia despite Ramadan lull
- European PE hovers around 11-year low, is reversal near?
- US PVC prices bounce on heels of eased stock pressure