Turkey’s production of plastic construction materials increase in 2016
Although the country’s exports of plastic construction materials decreased by 16% in quantity to 585.000 tons/year and by 19% in value to $1.4 billion in 2016 when compared to the previous year, Turkey is still a net exporter of plastic construction materials to more than 150 countries, top five of which are Iraq, Georgia, Algeria, Germany and Romania.
The data showed that the decrease in exports was balanced by an increase in domestic consumption. The domestic consumption of plastic construction materials was up by 12% in quantity to 1.37 million tons/year and by 14% in value to $7.1 billion in 2016 year-on-year.
The production of plastic construction materials is expected to increase at a similar pace in 2017 as well.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov