Turkey’s retail sales down on the month in Dec
The data showed that retail sales in non-food sectors such as computers, books, telecommunication sales were up by 1.5%; textiles, clothing and footwear increased by 1.7%; sales via mail orders and internet rose by 3.4% while electronic goods and furniture sales were down by 1.6% and medical goods as well as cosmetic sales declined by 1.0% in December on a monthly basis.
The data showed a quarterly drop of 0.3% and an annual drop of 1.7% in the fourth quarter of 2016 while retail sales increased by 0.8% in 2016 when compared to the previous year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PP retains strength under shadow of arriving imports
- Will PVC prices ever come back to the pre-pandemic levels?
- Global petchem companies’ profits surge in Q1
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback