Turkey’s retail sales down on the month in Dec
The data showed that retail sales in non-food sectors such as computers, books, telecommunication sales were up by 1.5%; textiles, clothing and footwear increased by 1.7%; sales via mail orders and internet rose by 3.4% while electronic goods and furniture sales were down by 1.6% and medical goods as well as cosmetic sales declined by 1.0% in December on a monthly basis.
The data showed a quarterly drop of 0.3% and an annual drop of 1.7% in the fourth quarter of 2016 while retail sales increased by 0.8% in 2016 when compared to the previous year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers