Turkey’s retail sales fall by 0.4% on the month in September
The data showed that retail sales for non-food excluding auto fuel moved down by 1.8% in September. Electronic goods and furniture sales fell by 10.2% and food, drinks and tobacco sales were down 0.1% while retail sales for the non-food sectors including computers, books, telecommunications equipment advanced 2.6%, automotive fuel sales climbed 1.9% and textiles, clothing and footwear sales were up 0.4% when compared to the previous month.
Meanwhile, retail sales for medical goods and cosmetic sales and sales via mail orders and internet rose by 3.7% and 4.7% from a month earlier, respectively.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion