Turkey’s retail sales fall by 0.4% on the month in September
The data showed that retail sales for non-food excluding auto fuel moved down by 1.8% in September. Electronic goods and furniture sales fell by 10.2% and food, drinks and tobacco sales were down 0.1% while retail sales for the non-food sectors including computers, books, telecommunications equipment advanced 2.6%, automotive fuel sales climbed 1.9% and textiles, clothing and footwear sales were up 0.4% when compared to the previous month.
Meanwhile, retail sales for medical goods and cosmetic sales and sales via mail orders and internet rose by 3.7% and 4.7% from a month earlier, respectively.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe