Turkey’s retail sales fell on the month in October
The data showed that retail sales for non-food excluding auto fuel moved down by 0.6% while sales for automotive fuel dropped by 1.5% in October on a monthly basis. In non-food sectors, the biggest fall was recorded in medical goods and cosmetic sales by 7.7% on the month, followed by sales via mail orders and internet (2.1%) and computers, books, telecommunications equipment sales (0.1%). By contrast, electronic goods and furniture sales posted an increase of 0.5% while textiles, clothing and footwear sales rose by 0.9% on the month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP market starts to stabilize, will other polymers follow suit?
- Asian ethylene and propylene slide into steeper backwardation on demand, oversupply
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes