Turkey’s retail sales fell on the month in October
The data showed that retail sales for non-food excluding auto fuel moved down by 0.6% while sales for automotive fuel dropped by 1.5% in October on a monthly basis. In non-food sectors, the biggest fall was recorded in medical goods and cosmetic sales by 7.7% on the month, followed by sales via mail orders and internet (2.1%) and computers, books, telecommunications equipment sales (0.1%). By contrast, electronic goods and furniture sales posted an increase of 0.5% while textiles, clothing and footwear sales rose by 0.9% on the month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019